Sage 50 warehouse integration
Sage 50 supports stock management, but has very little support for warehouse management. The most it allows is smart use of the location code, say, aisle / rack / shelf with a custom pick report order by the location code so that the pick list order matches the picker's route around the warehouse.
In practice if your warehouse management needs are more than this it's likely that either you'll move to another product, such as Sage 200 or that you'll outsource warehousing and fulfilment. Of course you may anyway choose to outsource, simply to allow you to focus on other areas of your business.
Protronics can help if you have or plan to outsource warehousing and fulfilment. We have extensive experience of working with 3PLs (the industry term for businesses that provide shared warehousing and fulfilment to a number of clients) and of integrating with the "warehouse management software" (WMS) that they typically use.
Integrating Sage 50 with warehouse management software
Integrating Sage 50 with your outsource warehouse's warehouse management software will:
- reduce errors so that more orders are shipped and invoiced correctly
- save time, allowing good staff to be even more productive
It's usually only worthwhile integrating the sending of shipment requests to the warehouse and processing their shipment confirmations.
We don't just concentrate on the mechanics of exchanging information with the warehouse. Rather our approach ensures that the integration matches what your business needs, for example whether you allow part shipment and what your view of backorders.
Managing stock at a remote warehouse
Outsourcing warehousing, even if integrated with your Sage 50, isn't a magic bullet. We're experienced in and can help you:
- overcome the barriers to improving the accuracy and timeliness of deliveries to customers
- ensure that Sage 50 stock and your outsource warehouse's stock levels keep in step
More than this we can help you:
- manage out of stocks by choosing and maintaining optimum stock reorder levels
- report on margin by product, product group, customer and sales person, so that you're informed as you make decisions about product mix, pricing, how sales are rewarded and the other factors that set the direction of your business