Clients and Sage projects we fit with
Our strengths as a Sage specialist and our day rates mean that we fit some clients and projects, but not others. We'll always qualify any client and project to ensure that we're a good match, so that you can be confident that you're making an appropriate recommendation to your client, but this guide introduces the criteria we use.
We fit well with businesses and other organisations that are professionally managed. A simple, if not definitive, indicator is whether the client has an in house qualified accountant, or at least a competent QBE accountant.
We prefer to work with clients that are ambitious, committed to processes and improvement, or where there's a significant problem that we can help resolve.
We don't fit well with smaller (less than 500k gross margin, say), settled owner managed businesses with a finance department run by a bookkeeper.
We work on projects requiring anything from half a day to hundreds of days of effort, though ideally the first project with a client is relatively small so that we can build trust.
We only work with Sage 50, Sage 200 and Sage 50 Payroll. With that caveat we work on a wide range of projects, including:
- smarter use (such as improved reporting) to buy time for top end Sage 50 users
- planning for and managing upgrades from Sage 50 to Sage 200
- rescuing failed or failing implementations of Sage 50 or Sage 200
- Sage aspects of adding or merging acquired companies
- process development and improvement
- information needs which can't be met with built in or Excel based reports
- integration with web sites for auto import of sales orders and order status updates
- integration with outsourced warehouse providers for automation of shipment instructions and delivery confirmations
- integration of sales ledger and cash book with specialist industry specific software
and many more.